The Atlantic City Alliance, along with individual casinos and shops, are pulling out all the stops to ensure that holiday shoppers spend time and money in Atlantic City this season. Aside from the fabulous incentives mentioned in last week’s column, prepare to be dazzled with incredible sales in your favorite shops, fun “pop-up” promotions and celebrity appearances to get you into a festive mood!
The stores at The Quarter, that striking “Old Havana”-themed shopping plaza located at Tropicana Casino and Resort, are offering shoppers some amazing deals to help raise your holiday spirits.
- A Time for Wine: Receive 15 percent off all purchases from Nov. 26 through Dec. 23.
- Old Farmer’s Almanac: Get select Jim Shore Christmas pieces for just $60 each or two for $99.95 during the entire month of November. Additionally, enjoy 50 percent off Thanksgiving merchandise Nov. 11 through 30.
- AKA: This hip men’s store is offering shoppers 30 to 50 percent off select apparel and accessories Nov. 26 through Dec. 23. Shop for yourself or your favorite dude!
- James Candy: For the sweet tooth on your holiday list, you can get a five-pound box of James Tidal Waves, which includes one pound each of taffy, rum and butter, mints and filled centers – all for only $29.99. Also for $29.99 is the five-pound Fralinger’s Convention Special that includes one pound each of taffy, mints, rum and butter, peanut chews and filled centers. And for $19.99, the James Mermaids include one pound of fudge, one pound of taffy and nine coconut macaroons. This deal is available Nov. 26 through Dec. 23.
- Mrs. Fields: Who doesn’t like free cookies? From Nov. 26 through Dec. 23, when you buy 40 nibbler cookies, you’ll get 20 free!
- Talk of the Walk: Take full advantage of Talk’s “Holiday Extravaganza,” where all fall merchandise will be 30 to 50 percent off from Nov. 26 through Dec. 23.
- Zephyr Gallery: Need something for that hard-to-shop-for friend? Keep this deal in mind – from Nov. 26 through Dec. 23, you’ll receive a beautiful blown-glass friendship ball with any purchase over $50.
- Zeytinia: Check out these sweet deals! Throughout the season, holiday gift baskets start at $24.99, two-pound Panettones are $9.99 and half-pound Panettones are only $3.99. And on Black Friday only, receive 25 percent off Asher’s chocolate-covered pretzels.
Treat your best friend, mom, sister or – heck, anyone! – to these holly, jolly celebrity food and beverage appearances:
- A show featuring New York Times best-selling author, star of Bravo TV’s "Bethenny Getting Married," fitness guru, as well as creator of Skinnygirl alcoholic beverages, Bethenny Frankel, has been canceled. The event was regularly scheduled at Caesars Atlantic City 8 p.m. Dec. 8.
- Sponsored by the ACA, on Dec. 8, join “The Queen of Southern Cuisine” Paula Deen as she regales the crowd with stories about her life, cooking and her acclaimed television show at Tropicana in “An Evening with Paula Deen” at 6 p.m. Tickets run $40 to $50 and are available here. Paula is best known for her show on the Food Network, which earned her two Emmy Awards. She is also a best-selling author of 14 cookbooks and a bi-monthly magazine. She will surely be discussing her most recent venture, Paula Deen Foods, a lighter version of her traditional recipes.
Need a new look for the holidays? Look for this “hair-raising” promotion around town:
- Braids are THE hottest hair accessory and the perfect hair style for the holidays. Look for pop-up “braid bars” at various casino locations throughout the holidays. CBS3’s “Talk Philly” beauty contributor, Kevin Gatto, will demonstrate how to get great runway looks in “One-Minute Makeovers.” These complimentary on-trend braids are all inspired by today’s red carpet styles.
The Big Deal:
Shop and glow! On Friday, Nov. 23, show a receipt from any store in The Quarter and get into the “Black Friday Black Light Party” at Boogie Nights for FREE until 11 p.m. Wear neon and glow!