Atlantic City has seen music festivals and beer festivals and even tattoo festivals, but wine lovers everywhere will want to flock to the resort for an outdoor wine festival along the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
All of the city's casino resorts are uniting for the massive festival, which is set to take place Saturday and Sunday, May 4 and 5.
The festival will feature 150 wines that guests can sample and enjoy at seven different destinations on the Boardwalk. Each destination will have its own theme, but all will be based around Atlantic City.
Don't expect to drink all that wine and not have anything to absorb it. Atlantic City restaurants also will be making appearances and pairing their dishes with the selected wines.
Tickets, priced $75 in advance and $85 on the day of the event, go on sale 11:30 a.m., Friday, March 22, through Ticketmaster or the Boardwalk Hall box office.
But fine wine and gourmet bites aren't all that's coming to Atlantic City. TV personality, author and award-winning wine expert Leslie Sbrocco will be hosting the festival, which she designed, and making her way through various locations throughout the event.
As told in a statement by DO A.C., the DO A.C. Boardwalk Wine Promenade will feature the following themed destinations:
- SUN – A destination for beach-worshipping wine lovers, this station will have a beach bar vibe and will feature crisp white wines from sauvignon blancs to unoaked chardonnays, including Ruffino Prosecco from Italy, succulent white blend, “Splash” from California’s St. Francis winery, barbeque-friendly rosé, Chateau d’Aqueria, from the south of France, and elegant Kim Crawford Pinot Noir from the islands of New Zealand. Pairings: Mini Arancini and Fried Pork & Vegetable Dumplings with Ginger Soy & Scallion Dipping Sauce. Location: Atlantic Club Beach Club
- ARTWALK – Celebrating the art installations on the Boardwalk and artistic designs on wine packaging, this station features wines with gorgeous labels and other special sips, including Francis Ford Coppola’s sleek red blend “Eleanor” named for the famous director’s wife, one of Spain’s hottest reds, Numanthia, from the historic region of Toro, and Kenwood winery’s classic “Jack London” Cabernet Sauvignon. Location: ARTLANTIC: Etude Atlantis at Texas Avenue
- CHILL – What better way to “chill” on the Boardwalk than to relax in an Adirondack chair and sip fabulous aromatic whites, roses and reds, including pink sparkling from Down Under in Yellow Tail’s bubbly version, then soak in the spicy scents of Hogue Gewurztraminer from Washington state, and experience Latin lovers such as complex Gran Reserva from Ramón Bilbao in Rioja, Spain. Pairing: Lobster Bisque Shooters. Location: Pavilion in front of Tropicana
- SIPS & SASHES – Celebrating the return of Miss America to Atlantic City, this destination will highlight the pageant’s glamorous and fun sides with selections from across the United States including sleek, elegant pinot noirs, Cult Cabs and world-class syrah and merlot, including sparklers such as Chandon’s “étoile” (which means star) and rosé bubbly from Domaine Carneros in California. Virginia is represented with the wines of Trump including their supple “Simply Red” blend, while New Jersey wineries show off their best side with award-winning bottles including Sharrott Winery’s Barrel Reserve Chardonnay. Pairings: Stuffed Mushrooms, Ahi Nachos, Poached Shrimp Michelada Shooters, Truffle Edamame Potato Dumplings and Pan Seared Mini Crab Cakes & Corn Salsa, Savory Cheese Cones, Spicy Nut Clusters, Mini Chocolate PB&J Cups, Almond Macaroons. Location: Kennedy Plaza at Boardwalk Hall
- BOARDWALK GAMES – Monopoly anyone? Experience the high-end wines of Boardwalk & Park Place along with the fun and funky wines of Baltic Avenue, and the everyday wines with personality inspired by New York & Tennessee Avenues, including France’s Veuve Clicquot Champagne and Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Haven’t passed GO yet and need to conserve cash? Sample great value wines such as Terrazas Malbec, a spicy red from Argentina, and sassy white, Vinho Verde from Aveleda in Portugal. Pairings: Brie & Roasted Pear Bruschetta; Tuna Tartar with Wasabi, Green Apple Caviar; Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella & Basel Spiedini; Parmesan Frico, Beef Capriccio, White Truffle Aioli & Arugula; Local Seafood Ceviche on a Plantain Chip; Pan Seared Sirloin Carpaccio on a Crispy Tostada with Vidalia Onion Jam. Location: Bally’s
- THRILLS – Evoke the spirit and rush of iconic Boardwalk rides and games through playful wines with a sense of fun, and thrilling pours including an icon area celebrating celebrity sips. Drink world-class South African producer, Boekenhoutskloof’s intense dry red blend “Chocolate Block,” enjoy the stylish Wild Horse Pinot Noir from California’s Central Coast, and toast with the band Train’s “Calling All Angels” Chardonnay. Pairing: Steel Pier Sliders. Location: Steel Pier
- A.C. VINTAGE TO CONTEMPORARY – Journey through Atlantic City’s history with wines that mirror time periods from the early days with a salute to jazz to contemporary modern times and wines from around the globe: includes “Big Boss Reds,” “White with Attitude” and “Super Siblings” that wow. Featuring “Whites with Attitude” such as Don Olegario’s refreshing Albariño from Spain, move to sampling JAQK Cellars “High Roller” Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley, then end with sweet sips including Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port and coveted Inniskillin Ice Wine from Canada. Pairings: Green Tomato Gazpacho with Spiced Shrimp; Short Rib Barbacoa with Mole Poblano & Queso Cotija; Petit Mozzarella, Basil Pesto & Cherry Tomato Skewers; Pretzel Crusted Chocolate Caramel Truffles; Shortbread Cookies. Location: Between Showboat and Revel