The annual Savor Borgata is always one of South Jersey’s culinary highlights of the year. This year, it will be even better as Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa will bring back its popular Borgata Restaurant Week, but also add some affordable events with its roster of celebrity chefs.
“We always try to evolve the program and make it different from year to year,” says Borgata Senior Vice President Joe Lupo. “Our food and beverage program is a big focus here, and we are really happy to offer a bigger variety of events this year that are even more exclusive with some lower price points. We wanted the week to be more accessible. We understand the importance of customers wanting to participate and have such excusive experiences with these great chefs, so we felt a need to offer different things for different people.”
Savor Borgata — An Evening with Borgata’s Culinary Masters will return
7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, as Iron Chef Wolfgang Puck (Wolfgang Puck American Grille), Iron Chef Bobby Flay (Bobby Flay Steak), Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian (The Water Club at Borgata), Michael Mina (SeaBlue, a Michael Mina Restaurant), Michael Schulson (Izakaya, A Modern Japanese Pub), Stephen Kalt (Fornelletto Cucina & Wine Bar), Borgata Executive Pastry Chef Thaddeus DuBois and restaurateurs Greg and Marc Sherry with Chef Romeo DiBona of Old Homestead Steak House will each offer their own culinary stations.
Borgata Restaurant Week will lead up to the big event, starting Sunday, Nov. 4, and going to Friday, Nov. 9. Three-course tasting menus will range from $39 to $49 and will be offered at Wolfgang Puck, Seablue, Fornelletto, Izakaya, Bobby Flay Steak and Old Homestead Steak House.
In addition to Savor, Borgata will offer:
• Absolutely Fabulous with Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, $55, 6 p.m. Nov. 9, Sunroom at The Water Club: Four-course tasting menu prepared by Zakarian consisting of small bites paired with Absolut cocktails.
• Sushi & Sake with Schulson, $39, 7 p.m. Nov. 9, Izakaya: Join Michael Schulson for a night of Japanese cuisine and learn how easy sushi making can be, plus each recipe will be paired with sake.
• Live with Bobby Flay, $35, 1 p.m. Nov. 10, Music Box: The Iron Chef offers a live cooking demonstration as he creates some of his most celebrated recipes.
• In the Kitchen with Wolf, $35, 3 p.m. Nov. 10, Music Box: World-famous chef Wolfgang Puck shares his best-kept secrets behind the recipes that helped make him a household name.
• Whiskey Sips & Sliders, presented by Jack Daniels, $29, 1 p.m. Nov. 10, Long Bar: Jack Daniels brand ambassador Ana Kornegay hosts an exclusive tasting of JD brands paired with sliders showcasing JD’s famous BBQ recipes.
• Mad About Meatballs with Chef Stephen Kalt, $39, 2 p.m. Nov. 10, Fornelletto kitchen: Chef Stephen Kalt takes you into his restaurant’s kitchen for an intimate experience as he shares his expertise on the Italian-American favorite.
• Sweet Surrender, $39, 2 p.m. Nov. 10, kitchen TBD: Borgata Executive Pastry Chef Thaddeus DuBois, former executive pastry chef at The White House, brings you into his pastry kitchen to show how to perfect the pastry world’s latest trend — cake pops — paired with sparkling Cava bubbles.
• Tequila & Tacos, $29, 2 p.m. Nov. 10, Gypsy Bar: A master distiller from Epsolon tequila explains everything you need to know about the 100 percent blue agave premium tequila plus pairs them with four tacos. 50 tickets available.
• Francis Ford Coppola Wine Seminar, $39, 3 p.m. Nov. 10, Studio at The Water Club: Francis Ford Coppola Director of Winemaking and General Manager Corey Beck takes your taste buds on a journey though some of the popular winery’s selections.
“We wanted to make most of these events very intimate, some with just 20 tickets,” Lupo says. “When you can go into the kitchens with Thaddeus and Stephen, that’s pretty amazing. And it’s the first time we’ve ever done demos or anything like that on stage, and Bobby and Wolf are two of the most prominent chefs in the country who are going to interact with people in a small venue, and I know people will enjoy that.”
Tickets for Savor Borgata are $125 per person, but a $195 ticket is also available that include one-hour early admission Other packages including rooms starting at $559, For more information, go to www.theborgata.com or 609-317-1000.