You may or may not know who or what the Atlantic City Alliance is or does yet. But surely you’re acutely aware of the fruits of their labor, as you’ve undoubtedly seen the highly popular and incredibly coveted “DO AC” car magnets.
Established in 2011, the ACA’s primary mission is to develop and implement multi-year marketing programs for A.C. And they’ve really – to borrow a casino colloquialism - hit the jackpot with this current campaign by successfully shining the spotlight back on Atlantic City.
Most recently, ACA conceived a new holiday-inspired promotion called “It’s an A.C. Shopping Holiday,” and developed some great holiday shopping incentives to accompany it.
Atlantic City really is a shopper’s utopia, where bargain hunters can appreciate the deals and steals at Tanger Outlets, The Walk, while those desiring high-end designer labels can browse the elegant boutiques and specialty shops at Revel, The Pier Shops at Caesars, The Quarter at Tropicana, Golden Nugget and more.
So for your shopping convenience, please find a brief rundown below of where in A.C. you can find your favorite retailers so you can easily check off those on your holiday shopping list:
Tanger Outlets, The Walk
Situated on and around Michigan Avenue, The Walk is home to nearly 100 stores and restaurants. Outlets such as Nike Factory Store, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Fossil and Coach offer discounts up to 70 percent off retail prices. Those savings can come in handy this time of year!
The Pier Shops at Caesars
Located on the Boardwalk and situated over the Atlantic Ocean, The Pier is a three-level upscale shopping center that boasts more than 50 high-end retailers. You’ll recognize dreamy designer names such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Tiffany & Co. There’s also an Apple Store for the techies on your list.
Fun bonus: Don’t miss The Water Show, a spectacular (and free!) six-minute multi-sensory presentation running every hour on the hour. A dramatic blend of music, sound and light, the 360-degree fountain show can be enjoyed from all three floors.
The Quarter at The Tropicana Casino and Resort
You’ll feel like you’re stepping into old Havana when you enter The Quarter. With almost two dozen specialty shops, including Brookstone, Godiva, Swarovski and A.C. fashion staple Talk of the Walk, you can quite possibly accommodate all those on your list in this one-stop-shopping mecca.
A.C.’s newest property currently has 10 select shops including Hugo Boss, Revolution Jewelers, Denim Habit and Emporium (a super-cool, 14 shop-in-shop brand concept filled with today’s hottest U.S. and international labels such as Vince Camuto, Rebecca Minkoff, Yumi Kim, John Varvatos and more).
Men and women alike will delight in shops such as Style & Trend, Tint Eyewear and Ronnie Wood Gallery, which features original art along with reproductions by the multi-talented Rolling Stones’ guitarist and bassist.
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa and The Water Club
Borgata presently has 10 unique shops for the whole family, such as Carina for women, Misura for men and Bambino for children. Its neighbor, The Water Club, has six retailers including Hugo Boss, Just Cavalli and Fixation.
With seven waterfront shops, you’ll find home accessories at Elements, toys at Innovations and women’s clothing and shoes at Studio.
You’ll definitely find something here to please every fashionista on your holiday list, with shops including Cache for ready-to-wear apparel, Marshall Rousso for handbags and shoes and Bernie Robbins for fine jewelry.
You can shop for brand-name clothing for men and women at Attitudes. Finish your list at Accents, where you’ll find an assortment of handbags, jewelry and travel accessories to suit anyone.
“It’s an A.C. Shopping Holiday” Incentives
- Take advantage of tax-free shopping on clothing and shoes in more than 200 retail shops.
- DO AC Holiday Car Magnets: The aforementioned magnets are getting a festive holiday makeover. ACA is coming out with free limited-edition holiday versions of the magnets – available soon in sparkly metallics such as blue, red and green.
- Holiday Decorating: A.C.’s tourism district is getting decked for the holidays! Six-foot candy canes will line Atlantic Avenue, leading folks straight to a 36-foot holiday tree. The enormous tree, donated by Tanger Outlets, will be located at Maine Avenue.
- Holiday Parade: Mark your calendar for Dec. 1 – when a merry and jolly holiday parade kicks off at noon. Beginning at Maine and Atlantic, it will travel west, ending at Tanger Outlets. The entire family will be enthralled by marching bands, floats and – of course - a visit from Santa Claus. Bonus: Arrive at Wave Garage before 10 a.m. this day and enjoy free parking!
- Free Gift Wrapping & Parking Discounts: Everyone can use an extra hand around the holidays, so be sure to take advantage of the following specials: complimentary gift wrapping at various casinos on Saturdays and Sundays and $4 parking at The Wave (with proof of $50 Tanger purchase).
- Jitney Service: With a plethora of parking options in A.C. , leave your car behind as you bop from shop to shop while hopping on and off the jitney for the not-so-whopping price of $2.25 per person.
The Big Deal
Get rewarded for spreading some holiday cheer! From now through Dec. 10, bring an unwrapped toy for a child in need into Emporium at Revel and receive 20 percent off your purchase (some exclusions may apply). Donations will be distributed to Toys for Tots.