Well, the holiday shopping season has officially started!
But before you make your list and check it twice, be sure to explore these great Atlantic City-themed gift ideas for your pals, parents, partner or Pollyanna. And please feel free to pass these ideas onto Santa so he knows exactly what to get you this year, too!
Emporium: This Revel shopping mecca carries Dodo, a darling gold, sterling and jeweled line of charms and pendants for bracelets and necklaces that feature adorably whimsical pieces possessing a seashore theme, such as starfish, seahorses, crabs and frogs. But if you plan on heading to the tables over the holidays, you may require one of their (hopefully) lucky horseshoe or four-leaf clover charms.
The Borgata: Give your guy an extra 365 reasons to wake up in the morning with The Babes of Borgata 2013 Calendar. But hurry! Limited quantities are available. Sold at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa or online at www.shopborgata.com.
AKA: This hip men’s shop in The Quarter at Tropicana Casino and Resort has some delightfully droll casino-themed trinkets with which to adorn your man, such as money clips with the ace of spades on it or cufflinks shaped like a pair of dice. (See more on AKA in “The Big Deal” below.)
Talk of the Walk: High rollers will love this “Roll ‘Em” hand-beaded novelty handbag with a casino motif by designer Mary Frances. This chic bag with a classic black and white color combination can be dressed up or down and is always a terrific conversation piece. Purchase at either Talk location (The Quarter or The Pier) for $262.99.
ACCVA: If you took our advice last week and are planning to purchase your Atlantic City Restaurant Week gift certificates at the A.C. Expressway Welcome Center, you may as well wrap up your shopping there with other great Atlantic City-themed merchandise including books on the Steel Pier and the Diving Horse, A.C. travel mugs, shot glasses, beach coolers, water bottles, refrigerator magnets, baseball caps and the increasingly popular “DO AC” car magnets. Additionally, you can pick up the gift of convenience – a New Jersey E-ZPass – for those who are always on the go. (Or win one through Atlantic City Insiders!)
A Time for Wine: If you have a fan of Boardwalk Empire – HBO’s super-popular series set in Atlantic City during Prohibition – on your holiday list, then you MUST check out Nucky’s Boardwalk Red and Nucky’s Speak Easy Reserve wines sold at this shop in both The Quarter and Caesars Atlantic City. The stores also carry autographed copies of Nelson Johnson's book, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times and Corruption of Atlantic City, the story that inspired the series. Holiday Special Alert: Purchase one bottle of wine AND the book for only $29.99 - that’s $5 off the regular price.
Revel: You’ll “revel” in this idea – the Revel gift card is the perfect gift for practically anyone on your list. This multi-functional card can be used on any of the medley of fantastic restaurants and bars, fabulous shops or relaxing and pampering spa services. Revel gift cards are available starting at $25 and can be purchased in any increment up to $500. Order through Revel Guest Care at 855-348-0500.
The Big Deal
- Take care of all the men on your holiday list at AKA at The Quarter at the Tropicana, which is luring you to shop with this alluring promotion – 30 percent off regularly-priced items in the entire store throughout the holidays. Explore their terrific name-brand collection of hip, edgy and stylish apparel – such as dress shirts, jeans, jackets, coats and hoodies – as well as headwear, watches, jewelry and funky gifts (such as the aforementioned dice cuff links) for a present he is sure to remember.
- Take a quick respite from shopping and enjoy these fun – and free! – DO AC holiday activities and incentives throughout town:
- 3-D Sound and Light Show: Projected on the façade of historic Boardwalk Hall, "Winter Sweet" is an enchanting sound and light experience that portrays the magic, elegance and beauty of the winter season. It debuts Saturday, Dec. 1, and will run every half hour from 6 to 9 p.m. nightly. (Note: “Duality” will return in the spring.)
- Free Gift Wrapping at Casinos: From 1 to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays in December (through Dec. 23) shop at the hottest casino stores and receive free gift wrapping at the following properties:
o Atlantic Club - Ballroom
o Bally's - Adjacent to Lobby Bar
o Caesars - Exit from Pier
o Harrah's - Waterfront Shopping Walkway
o Revel - The Row
o Showboat - Near Total Rewards in walkway
o Tropicana - The Quarter
o Trump Plaza - Lobby (Across from the Gift Shop)
o Trump Taj Mahal - Lobby Bar
- Tree-Lighting Ceremony at Revel: Celebrate the season in style at Revel’s first Tree-Lighting Ceremony, taking place in the resort lobby 6 p.m. Dec. 1. “Revelers” can enjoy the sights and sounds of festive decorations, holiday carolers and live music.
- Sounds of the Seasons: The MAPS Foundation will present its annual Sounds of the Seasons at Resorts Casino Hotel Dec. 1 through 23. Regional school choirs will perform in Resorts' Grand Lobby 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, while regional dance schools will perform noon to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays in the Ocean Tower Lobby.
- Holiday Photo Ops: Trump Entertainment will offer free photo opportunities perfect for holiday cards or Facebook. Snap a picture inside the giant holiday gift box at Trump Taj Mahal's Main Concourse or inside the holiday sleigh at Trump Plaza's Jezebels Lounge.